The Flood Warning continues for
the Kennebec river at Skowhegan.
* Until Monday morning.
* At 09pm Saturday the flow was 38250 cfs.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood flow is 35000 cfs.
* The river will continue rising to near 44410 cfs by Sunday morning.
The river will fall below flood stage Monday morning.
|Areal Flood Watch|
... Flood Watch in effect through Sunday morning...
The National Weather Service in gray has expanded the
* Flood Watch to include a portion of western Maine... including
the following areas... Central Somerset and southern Somerset.
* Through 8 am Sunday morning
* twenty four hour rainfall amounts ending at 8 am this morning
have ranged from half an inch to one and a half inches across
northern New Hampshire and the mountains and foothills of
western Maine. However... for the past few days total amounts
have been significantly higher... 2 to 3 inches or more.
Another inch of rain can be expected over these areas over the
next 24 hours through 8 am Sunday. Some areas could see local
amounts of 1 1/2 to maybe 2 inches of rain over the next 24
hours. This amount of rain will cause significant rises on
rivers and streams with the potential for minor flooding.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.