|Fire Weather Warning|
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM MST this evening
for strong winds and low relative humidity for fire weather zone
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am to 7 PM MST
Thursday for strong winds and low relative humidity for fire
weather zone 102...
* affected area... in Arizona... fire weather zone 102 northwest
* Timing... gusty southwest winds will continue into this evening and
again Thursday afternoon. The strongest winds are expected on
Thursday. Winds will decrease Thursday evening with less wind
expected on Friday.
* Wind... for this evening southwest 15 to 25 with gusts to near 35
mph and southwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to between 35 and
40 mph Thursday afternoon and evening.
* Humidity... 5 to 10 percent.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds... low relative
humidity and dry fuels can create conditions that are
favorable for extreme fire behavior.
A red flag warning means critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring or imminent. Please advise the appropriate fire
weather officials in the field of this red flag warning.